Monday, September 25, 2017

my current fitness routine...

Leggings (similar): ALO, Shoes (similar): Nike 

Today on Lauren Lorraine I wanted to share my workout routine. For about a year and a half since I had my baby boy I have been doing Kayla Itsine's Bikini Body Guide Program (BBG). For the first year I was doing it on and off because of being a busy new mom, but for the past 16 weeks I have been doing it religiously with my friends who live in other states. We keep each other motivated via texts and facebook page groups.

So what is the BBG Program you ask? I will try to explain a little bit. Basically, it is a program that combines what Kayla calls circuits and cardio with two types of cardio, LISS and HITT. LISS is Low Intensity Steady State Cardio. So for this type of cardio you just want to focus on a workout that is for 40 minutes in duration. I would choose something you enjoy! Some like to walk or  jog, and others will ride their bike. I choose the elliptical for my LISS - I'll work out for 40 minutes and I honestly love it. I will listen to great music and I love to have my coffee then too. HITT is High Intensity Interval Training. A great way to accomplish this is on the treadmill by sprinting as fast as you can for 30 seconds, then resting for 30 seconds, and doing it all within a 15 minute period. BBG resistance circuits consist of different types of workouts and last 30 minutes each. For each circuit day there are 2 different circuits that you complete twice. Each circuit has 4 different types of exercises included that have a certain amount of reps that you are supposed to complete for each. Details are available when you sign up for BBG. But generally, the circuits last 7 minutes and you do as many exercises for the amount of reps assigned as many times as possible before the 7 minute circuit is up. Next, rest for 30 seconds before moving onto the next circuit. Once you complete circuit 2, you go back to circuit 1 and start all over! Once you have done Circuit 2 for the second time and the 7 minutes are complete, you are finished. The BBG app comes with videos of all the workouts, specified rep numbers and a timer. You always know when each circuit is ending and when your 30 second water break is beginning! 

Kayla's circuits are broken into 3 categories so there are 3 30 minute circuits that you are to complete each week. The first circuit is upper body, the second is lower body, and the third is full body. Once you complete weeks 1-12, and go onto weeks 13-24, she changes her circuits to arm day, leg day, and ab day. Right now her program is a 24 week program but you can keep doing the program as many times as you would like.  Here is what a typical week looks like:

Monday: 40 minutes of Cardio on the elliptical (LISS)
Tuesday: 15 min warm up on the elliptical and then Leg Day Circuit (30 minutes)
Wednesday: 40 minutes of Cardio on the elliptical (LISS)
Thursday: 15 min warm up on the elliptical and then Arm Day Circuit (30 minutes)
Friday: 15 min warm up on the elliptical and then Ab Day Circuit (30 minutes)
Saturday: 40 minutes of Cardio on the elliptical (LISS)
Sunday: 15 minutes of sprinting for 30 seconds and resting for 30 seconds on the treadmill (HITT)


I also try to eat healthy and prefer a vegan diet when I can stick to it. I feel my best when I do! 

Feel free to reach out! 
XOXO, Lauren Lorraine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Thank you so much for stopping by! Xo, Lauren

Thank you so much for stopping by! Xo, Lauren
Lauren Lorraine Jones, Co-Founder & CCO of Lauren Lorraine Shoes